The concept of angelic orders or hierarchies is often rooted in religious and mystical traditions, particularly in Christianity. It’s also used as way to ascend to the Divine Planes, to reach the Mind Of God, the EMPIREVM. Angels are unconscious parts of us, layers of the Rainbow Body. The orders can be understood as planes, dimensions of reality, much more sophiticated than ours. In my view, all worlds are the same world, our world, but perceived different.
While different traditions may have variations, one commonly cited classification is based on the writings of Pseudo-Dionysius the Areopagite, a Christian mystic and theologian from the 5th to 6th century. Keep in mind that interpretations and beliefs about angelic hierarchies may vary among different religious denominations and spiritual traditions.
|Chayot Ha Kodesh
|See Ezekiel 1 and Ezekiel 10
|See Ezekiel 1 and Ezekiel 10
|See Isaiah 33:7
|See Ezekiel 1:4
|See Isaiah 6
|“Sons of God”
|See Hagigah 13b
|“manlike beings”, see Genesis 18:2 Daniel 10:5
Pseudo-Dionysius proposed a hierarchy of celestial beings in his work “Celestial Hierarchy,” organizing them into three triads, each consisting of three orders. Here is a general overview:
First Triad: Seraphim, Cherubim, Thrones
- Seraphim: Described as beings of pure light and passion, Seraphim are often depicted as fiery and are considered to be closest to the divine presence. They are associated with love, ardor, and the burning desire for God.
- Cherubim: Often depicted as guardians of divine mysteries, Cherubim are associated with wisdom and knowledge. They are sometimes portrayed with multiple faces and wings, emphasizing their multifaceted understanding.
- Thrones: Thrones are seen as symbols of God’s justice and authority. They are associated with the divine order and are often depicted as wheels or chariots. Thrones provide a foundation for the higher angelic orders.
Second Triad: Dominions, Virtues, Powers
- Dominions: Dominions are considered as celestial administrators or leaders. They regulate the duties of lower angels and ensure that divine orders are carried out. They are associated with mercy and governance.
- Virtues: Virtues are believed to bestow grace and blessings upon the material world. They are associated with miracles, grace, and the order of the cosmos. Virtues act as intermediaries between the divine and the lower angels.
- Powers: Powers are often seen as warrior angels, defending the cosmic order against demonic forces. They are associated with strength and the execution of divine justice.
Third Triad: Principalities, Archangels, Angels
- Principalities: Principalities are considered as guardian angels of nations and regions. They guide and protect groups of people and are associated with the execution of God’s will on a broader scale.
- Archangels: Archangels are messengers of important divine announcements. They play a significant role in conveying God’s will to humanity. Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael are commonly recognized archangels.
- Angels: Angels are the lowest order in this hierarchy. They are messengers and servants of God, carrying out various tasks on Earth. Angels are often viewed as intermediaries between the divine and humanity.